Monday, January 4, 2010

"tis the Season

Today started out as a whiny day. I didn't want to get up so early, I didn't want to go to work, I didn't want... After all, it was a Monday, a very, very cold Monday, and I hadn't been able to sleep the previous night. I was all set for it to be a no good, very bad, horrible, rotten day (with apologies to Judith Viorst.)

Instead, it wasn't really that bad. I got up on time. Yes, it was cold, but it IS January in the Northeast. The kids were good and we got a lot accomplished. I suddenly wasn't feeling so bad at all. I came home convinced that I should go right to bed - after all, I was exhausted! Somehow, actually to prevent murder (another story for another day), I discovered enough energy to go to the gym and walk the track for an hour while listening to podcasts. I learned about Tetrawatts and how much electricity it takes to power the internet - they have no real idea.

Finally, I came home, ready now to relax and perchance, to sleep. Except, DS#1 was feeling awful. You know the drill, headache, sore throat, stabbing pain when he coughs. Although he is 24, mommy-mode kicked in and I was back out to the local pharmacy for various and sundry elixirs.


Now, 16 hours after my first morning whine, I realize it was a good day. And you know what? Tomorrow is another day.

1 comment:

  1. It is nice to see that there are others who have their cups half full. There are too many people who have lost their cups all together!

    ReplyDelete