Friday, January 15, 2010

TV Options

Out of the basement clean-up trash pile I spied this innocuous looking object and wondered if my sons even knew what it was. Surprisingly enough DS#1 knew exactly what it was. I plan on taking it into school one day and seeing if the kids know what it was.




I remember growing up we had two antennae on the TV. One was the "rabbit ears" for regular stations - 3, 6, & 10 in my area. The other was a round wire that screwed in and brought in the UHF stations, 17, 29, & 48. Growing up, the sum total of available stations were abc, cbs, nbc, pbs and the "extra UHF stations - I don't remember their call letters. In addition, all of those stations went off the air around 1:00ish with a playing of the national anthem and a waving flag.
Today I believe we have over 500 channels - I am not sure because it would take too long to "surf" them all. And, TV never closes. With some of the shows on TV, perhaps it should!

No comments:

Post a Comment