Monday, January 18, 2010

Love of Learning


Today I had the privilege of doing science training at a great little school district here in PA. The administrators and teachers were so enthusiastic and eager. I could tell they really wanted to learn how to be better at what they do. Technically, I had off today and I heard from more than one person,"Why did you work?" Well, I had to think about that one. Why DID I choose to work on my day off?
I guess there are a few reasons and to be honest, most of them are selfish ones. Sure, I could say that I was training other teachers to be better teachers and thus positively impacting more students. And, that is true. But I also do training because it energizes me and reminds me what I love about learning and teaching. The camaraderie and fellowship of educators is the best. No where else can you get a group of adults to sit on the ground and blow at little toy cars through a straw...and have fun. These teachers put themselves in their students' shoes and explored science concepts. And, why do we do that? I think we do it because we love learning and we want to share that joy with our students. I hope you learn something today.

1 comment:

  1. Your teaching is inspiring. Glad you had a good time and they were a fun group. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete