Monday, February 1, 2010

Full Moon A'Rising

Saturday in Philadelphia brought more cold and another surprise snow storm. Actually, the weather folks had predicted that it might come by or it might head south. Anyway, I was safely warm inside the Science Leadership Academy by 8:30 in the morning so although the weather outside was frightful, the learning inside was delightful. (With apologies to Sammy Cahn.)

A full day of learning conversations left my brain full. After many hours spent discussing changing pedagogy in the 21st century, managing on-line and off-line lives, and science inquiry to name a few I was ready for a relaxing dip in a hot tub and bed. But, one of the great things about EduCon is the people. People truly come from all over. I had the opportunity to reconnect with so many friends. Additionally, I got to meet some of my on-line friends for the first time. And of course, I met some wonderful new friends. So, instead of relaxing, five of us headed to Sang Kee in Chinatown. It was a wonderful Chinese restaurant and I understand why so many locals eat there. Over Peking Duck, tea, and way more food than we could ever finish, we continued our conversations from the day.

The evening ended with more conversations at Rembrandt's. Do you sense a pattern here? As I felt myself fading, and knowing that the next day held more of the same, I caught a taxi with a few friends and headed back to the hotel for SNL. On my way back I snapped this picture of a beautiful full moon on a crisp winter's night.


1 comment: