Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Day After

Walking around town today I saw a few snowmen, igloos, and forts. This by far was one of my favorites. Perhaps the American flag and the fort like structure appealed to me.

Anyway, while it was heart-warming to see evidence of childhood fun and play, I was disappointed to not see more. In all, I probably saw three snowmen, a couple of igloos, and a fort or two.

Why are children not playing outside? Is it a lack of adult supervision? Would they rather be inside watchinh tv and playing video games? I think I am going to survey my class tomorrow to see how many built a snowman or dis some other type of outdoor activities. I'll let you know tomorrow. And those of you with young children, what do your children do on snow days?

No comments:

Post a Comment