Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day

Today was our third snow storm of the year. 6 - 8 inches of snow used to be consider a storm. However, after last year's record snowfall and major storms of 12 - 14 inches plus, 6 - 8 inches now seems like a dusting.
Today's dusting came last evening and didn't end until the wee hours of the morning. This lead to school closings and delays for may in our area.
After shoveling the front walks, (DH had wonderfully done the driveway and cars before work!) I took a walk over to the local sledding hill with the dogs. I let them play while I took some pictures of the sledders.
I really like this picture of Addie and Ahna having so much fun in the snow. They love the snow and enjoy wrestling each other. To the unknown observer their growls and snarls sound like a fight to the death. But I know that one yip of pain and the games stop on a dime.
I now have two exhausted dogs passed out dreaming of their snow day.

No comments:

Post a Comment