Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Our Little Town


Growing up I lived in nine different houses in two states and many different towns. I never had a sense of "my town." When people asked where I was from I always used to say Philadelphia area.
When we had our children and were looking for a house sidewalks to a town were one of my major "wants." I am so glad we were able to find just the right house. We live on a cul-de-sac which was wonderful for our children. Additionally we, and they, have been able to walk or ride our bikes to the baseball fields, drugstore, hardware store, etc. It gave our sons an early opportunity for independence which is so often missing in our sprawling suburbia.
After the most recent snow, DH and I took a walk into town with our two dogs. It was quiet and peaceful in the "just-snowed" kind of way. I was attracted to this lovely house on the main street. Decorated for the holidays I thought it looked so warm and welcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment