Sunday, April 25, 2010

April 25, 2010 The Attack

This picture sums up perfectly how I feel today. I am not sick, nor really tired, just under attack. I am under attack from invading foreign bodies - namely pollen. Being born with allergies to everything from trees and grasses to mold and dust means that I have some sort of allergic symptoms all the time (probably why I do like the freezing cold, blizzard days.)
This time of year however is one of the worst. (Now and then again in early fall.) Trees are pollinating - you know that lovely chartreuse dust you see on your car in the morning, as are grasses and spring blossoms - lilacs, tulips, daffodils, azaleas - You get the picture.

Unfortunately for me, this lovely picture of spring means red, itchy eyes, sniffling, sneezy nose, and a raspy, old man voice. But wait, you ask, aren't there medicines you can take? Oh yes there are, and I believe I have taken them all, from Allerest and Benadryl to Allegra D and Zyrtec. I have tried cortisone sprays, shots, and pills, ear candling and neti pots, as well as desensitization shots 0 not once, not twice, but the trifecta of three times. Each time I had to discontinue because my reactions become too severe.

Since there doesn't seem to be any real relief, other than living in the Arctic, I do my best, buy lots of tissues and try to stay indoors on the worst days. Snow anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment